We have a guest writer in the house today. She is one of my able blog editors and she’s exceptional at everything she does. Today she’s putting her spin on microwave cake. Read, try and enjoy, with a friend or two.
Hi, it’s nice to be featured here. I tried out the microwave cake and decided to share the experience with y’all here. So here goes.
The inspiration for this cake came from;
2 tbsp butter
4 tbsp sugar
1 egg (beaten)
4 tbsp yoghurt
1/4 tsp baking soda
Drops of vanilla essence
1/2 cup of flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp coffee
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
– Mix all the ingredients for the crumble in a bowl/mug and microwave for 1 min, then set aside.
– Put the butter in a bowl/mug and soften in the microwave (20 secs).
– Stir in the sugar.
– Stir in the egg.
– Add the yoghurt, baking soda and vanilla essence and stir.
– Add the flour and baking powder. Keep stirring.
– Add the coffee. Stir till free of lumps.
– Put in the microwave for 2 minutes. Insert toothpick to check if it’s done, if it isn’t, leave in for 10 secs. Keep doing so till toothpick comes out clean. Pour the crumble on top and pop back in for another 10 secs. (Shouldn’t exceed 3 minutes in total.)
– Bring out of the microwave and leave to cool.
Note: The original recipe used sour cream but since I didn’t have that, I used yoghurt and baking soda (yoghurt and baking soda work together as substitute for sour cream). Also used nutmeg for crumble in place of cinnamon.